Music icons The Beach Boys hired Al Gomes and Connie Watrous of Big Noise in Providence, RI to run the band's successful publicity campaign that scored them their very first Grammy Award win ever for 'Best Historical Recording' for their box set 'The Smile Sessions.'
In the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers' 50-year career, The Beach Boys had never won a Grammy Award from the voting members of The Recording Academy. That all changed on February 10, 2013 at the 55th Annual celebration when music history was finally made.
Beach Boys' founder Brian Wilson and box set producers Alan Boyd and Dennis Wolfe accepted their Grammy Awards with words of thanks to The Beach Boys, extended family, and Big Noise.
(Fellow winner, box-set producer and mastering engineer Mark Linett could not make it on stage as he was busy working behind the scenes at the Grammys)
The news sent ripples around the world. The New York Times declared, "The Drought is Over!"
Big Noise has worked on a variety of projects with The Beach Boys including:
- Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the biggest concert in the history of The State of Rhode Island - The Beach Boys at the Narragansett Park Race Track on September 2, 1977. Al Gomes and Connie Watrous conceived, produced and MC'd a commemoration ceremony with The Beach Boys, and also was successful in getting the stretch of street where the concert stage stood renamed as 'Beach Boys Way.'
- Al Gomes assisting Alan Boyd with the selection of tracks for The Beach Boys' career-spanning box set, 'Made In California,' which led to the inclusion of ten of Al's choices to the collection including 'Sound of Free,' 'Had to Phone Ya (Instrumental),' and 'Only with You' (Live in New York),' and contributing ideas and tracks, along with Connie Watrous and friends to the acclaimed compilation, '1967 - Sunshine Tomorrow.'
- Conceiving and co-producing with Alan Boyd a spoken word CD paying tribute to Beach Boys lyricist Stephen J. Kalinich. The CD features such legends and stars as Brian Wilson, Stacy Keach, Ralph Brown ('Star Wars: The Phantom Menace'), Emmy nominee Rose Weaver, Grammy Award nominee Lisa Haley, James Michael Tyler ('Friends'), along with performances by Al Gomes, Connie Watrous and Alan Boyd, and many others.
- Assisting Capitol Records with additional marketing and publicity for the box set, 'The Beach Boys U.S. Singles Collection -- The Capitol Years (1962-1965)'
- Serving as project consultants and assisting Sony Music with marketing and publicity for the release of Beach Boy Dennis Wilson's remastered solo masterpiece, 'Pacific Ocean Blue'
- Coordinating and producing the East Coast Premiere Screening of longtime Beach Boys tour member Billy Hinsche's film, '1974 - On the Road with The Beach Boys,' which included a Q&A session and live show after-party
- Handling the publicity and promotion for Beach Boy Blondie Chaplin's recording project, The Young Presidents. The album was produced by Grammy Award winner Rob Fraboni, who engineered and mixed The Beach Boys' classic album 'Holland.'
Big Noise / The Beach Boys site : http://www.bignoisenow.com/...